Hair Mineral Analysis
Hair is the second most metabolically active tissue in the body. By the very nature of its formation as a biological sample, it may provide a permanent record of the metabolic activity occurring within your body during its period of growth. Several reports have concluded that human hair may be a more appropriate tissue than blood or urine for studying community exposure to some trace metals.
Advantages of hair analysis
- hair specimens can be collected more quickly and easily than blood, urine or any other tissue, using a non- invasive method.
- long term deviations of mineral retention or losses are more easily detected in hair than blood.
- concentrations of most elements in the hair are significantly higher than those found in the blood and other tissues.
- hair provides a record of past as well as present trace element levels, ie biological activity.
- hair provides information about substances entering the hair from the blood serum as well as from external sources
- hair is invaluable in the assessment of toxic metal levels
In short, we can tell a great deal about your health from just a small sample of hair!