Birth and beyond
As we approach the end of the pregnancy, and the exciting time that birth is, our support continues to cater to your individual needs. We support women through all birth choices and circumstances with the goal always being to ensure the health and wellbeing of the whole family.
We use a combination of well-timed nutritional and herbal supplements that support birth and recovery in both the mother and baby (and even partner if needed!).
As practitioners of western herbal medicine, we are trained in developing what is known as a partus preparator.
The partus preparator is a combination of herbs traditionally used in the last weeks of pregnancy to help the woman’s body prepare for the birth of the child in the following ways:
- Improve uterine tone
- Assist the commencement of labour (at the expected time)
- Help coordinate uterine action (i.e. effective contractions)
- Assist the involution of the uterus
- Reduce or prevent ‘after pains’
- Assist with the production of adequate amounts of breast milk
- Help speed recovery after the birth.
Our treatment plans can be altered based on what type of birth you experience, and where your recovery needs to focus.
Because we treat holistically, we also support new patients with the emotional, mental and energetic aspects of becoming parents.